[Dshield] Re: Tax Time

Alan Frayer afrayer at frayernet.com
Thu Feb 19 13:26:09 GMT 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-19 at 03:36, jayjwa wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Feb 2004, wulfman wrote:
> > Since the C-Dilla debacle I removed Quickbooks from my system after
> > exporting MY data to text. I emailed them and told them that due to their
> > exploit I would be using open source software...
>
> Excellent! It's nice to see people won't stand for this sort of thing
> anymore. Open source solutions are frequently comparable or better than
> their commercial counter parts, in no small part due to the fact the
> authors of such software do so because their heart is truely in it- not
> because of a profit margin.

I've been meaning to ask this slightly OT question for some time... I
know of some of the open source alternatives to Quick Books under Linux,
but can someone direct me to an open source alternative to Quick Books
under Windows? My notebook computer is on RH, but my desktop machine's
still clinging to Win98.

Alan Frayer,CNE,CNI,CIW CI,MCP,Net+ - afrayer at frayernet.com
Member: Independent Consultants Association (ICA)
Consultants - FREE Directory Listing - http://www.ica-assn.org