[Dshield] These kind of attcks from 127.0.0.1 seems to be a R EALATTCK

Alan Frayer afrayer at frayernet.com
Fri Feb 20 14:36:38 GMT 2004

On Fri, 2004-02-20 at 07:32, Ruigrok, Jeroen wrote:

> I so wish people would just follow the Manning draft (or whatever
> it is called today) as well and apply those networks plus anti-spoofing
> at *every* gateway.

As good as that idea sounds, why don't router makers default their
filters to the Manning draft? They can always be changed, but it allows
the uninformed to start with a compliant filter set.

Alan Frayer,CNE,CNI,CIW CI,MCP,Net+ - afrayer at frayernet.com
Member: Independent Consultants Association (ICA)
Consultants - FREE Directory Listing - http://www.ica-assn.org