[Dshield] Exchange server as fileserver :)

Alan Frayer afrayer at frayernet.com
Fri Feb 20 14:41:51 GMT 2004

On Fri, 2004-02-20 at 08:41, Pete Cap wrote:

> Just had a thought regarding the propensity of our users to treat e-mail as a file exchange medium.
>
> They do it because it's so easy and simple and because, to them, it's a completely transparent exchange (even if, as noted recently on this list, it actually typically takes more time than FTPing for the file).

I recently tried to move an over-utilized set of e-mailers to ftp via
their browsers, and discovered the Upload File feature I used to like so
much in Navigator 4.7 is now not implemented in any of the popular
browsers today.

Now I have to teach them to use Windows Explorer to upload files to an
ftp server (ugh!), which is not as easy as e-mail for such exchanges.

Alan Frayer,CNE,CNI,CIW CI,MCP,Net+ - afrayer at frayernet.com
Member: Independent Consultants Association (ICA)
Consultants - FREE Directory Listing - http://www.ica-assn.org