[Dshield] Exchange server as fileserver :)

John Holmblad jholmblad at aol.com
Fri Feb 20 16:48:02 GMT 2004

Michel,

regarding sharepoint, and assuming you are refering to Microsoft
Sharepoint Portal Server and Sharepoint Services, I just this week
learned of a no-cost 30 day trial that Microsoft offers through Apptix
(www.apptix.com) for users who wish to test out  Sharepoint Services.
Here is the URL to the Microsoft www page:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/techinfo/sharepoint/trial.mspx

These kinds of  portals will significantly diminish the need to use
email attachments for members of a collaborating group to exchange
documents. With the email altert capability it is also possible for
group members to be alerted whenever specific content is
added/deleted/chaged.

I  also understand  that there are one or more opensource products that
can serve as collaboration portals and I would be interested to learn
from other members of this list about their experience, if any,  with
such other products.
--

Best Regards,

John Holmblad