[Dshield] RFC: Splitting the list

Johannes B. Ullrich jullrich at sans.org
Fri Feb 20 18:52:11 GMT 2004

The list is getting busier and busier. I think it may be time to think
about splitting it. However, I can't make up my mind about how to split
it.

Here a suggestion:
(*) current events
   for discussions about current worms/viruses and
   log observations.

(*) dshield
   discussions that relate to dshield directly. feature
   requests, notes about things that are broken...

(*) security
   general security discussions. How to configure a
   firewall, what AV to use

The announcement only list would not change. Each list would be
moderated in the same way the current discussion list is moderated.

Please send comments off list ;-)

phone: (617) 837 2807                          jullrich at sans.org