[Dshield] new Netsky.b virus - quick analysis (incl. hexdump)

Tony Earnshaw tonye at billy.demon.nl
Sun Feb 22 11:50:49 GMT 2004

lør, 21.02.2004 kl. 21.02 skrev John Sage:

> > What is, in fact, the present "evil" content of the Internet
> > (cannibalistic Germans, child pornographers, snuffings, exhortations
> > to become suicide martyr bombers, new Nazis, heh - bonzai kittens)
> > and who is doing anything, lifting a finger, to police it? Don't we
> > need guardians?
>
> You evade my point completely.

I tried not to.

> What happens when you, or what you are interested in, meets the
> current definition of "evil"?

At what point does the connotation "civilization" cease to exist? What
do the above contribute to that connotation? How do they help to break
the connotation down?

> Will you welcome your guardians, then?

Yes, long before that point. I'd like to see some guardian action *now*.
A simple example: Someone needs cash. The someone finds out where some
pensioner with ready money lives, gains entry to the pensioner's home,
knocks down the pensioner and steals the cash. Is that acceptable
behavior? If not, why not? What redress does the pensioner have, and to
whom does the pensioner turn?

A parallel exists on the Internet at present, and there is no instance
to turn to for redress.

--Tonni

--

mail: billy - at - billy.demon.nl