[Dshield] Windoze Questions...SAMBA + Windows AD Question

allan.vanleeuwen@orangemail.nl allan.vanleeuwen at orangemail.nl
Tue Feb 24 11:42:43 GMT 2004

'sounds like you're either infected with viri or you're 0wned.'

I'm sorry, where did he say anything like that ?
I think laurie is just pre-paranoid ...

Cable modem lights can light up, if you are being scanned from outside ...
Doesn't mean you're owned !
HD leds lighting up, can be anything from scheduled job to delayed write
cache emptying itself. Can even be the indexing service, which actually
checks to make sure the machine is IDLE, and then starts indexing the entire
HD .... Neither of these mean he got owned.
And if laurie stays paranoid like this, I don't think he ever WILL be owned
... He's taking the right precautions.

Allan