[Dshield] Need help with Yahoo

Roberts, Chris CRoberts at Limitedbrands.com
Wed Feb 25 18:12:34 GMT 2004

Anyone out there know anyone inside Yahoo's security team I could contact
regarding someone account, seems as if it was hacked, and info changes...and
they can't get their account back!
(Yahoo's way of verifying ID is DoB, and alternate address, guess what, if
you change it once you've hacked their account they are totally locked
out...and seems as if Yahoo couldn't give a damm)

Yahoo's "Security page" is useless, and the default answer I received back
was no help at all.

So, apart from running a brute force attack against their userID to see if
the idiot that took over her account left a "normal" password, I seem to
have run out of options.

Thoughts etc?

Ta

Chris

Your E-Mail has been eaten by my machines, the response above has been
generated by an auto pilot program.
Phone: (614) 415-7517 (DC3) (614) 577-2670 (DC4)
Pager: (888) 434-7850 (@skytel.com)