[Dshield] DI-624 encryption - Run it if you have it!

Alan Frayer afrayer at frayernet.com
Wed Feb 25 20:10:55 GMT 2004

On Wed, 2004-02-25 at 13:45, John Holmblad wrote:

> I would be interested to learn if there are commercial products deployed
> using FHSS. However I should point out that even with FHSS as defined
> within the 802.11 standard, the hopping sequence is fixed by region of
> the world  and does not provide a means to assure any kind of message
> privacy.

I used to work with such a device about 6 years ago... was used as a
wireless bridge between wired segments. I think they called themselves
SpeedLAN, but my memory is really foggy of those days.

Alan Frayer,CNE,CNI,CIW CI,MCP,Net+ - afrayer at frayernet.com
Member: Independent Consultants Association (ICA)
Consultants - FREE Directory Listing - http://www.ica-assn.org