[Dshield] Unix and ftp server recs.

Louis Hablas Lou.Hablas at rzim.org
Thu Feb 26 21:27:53 GMT 2004

OK...finally revisiting this re: 'my graphics guy...'

Have made decision to move forward with box outside of firewall.  I want to
learn something new, so I want it to be a unix box.  Which flavor?  Several
of you made recs. in context of prior thread, but I want to start fresh and
gather replies in context of new thread.

Here are a few things I'd like:

1)Unix flavor? as secure as possible 'out of the box'; at the same time,
keeping up-to-date not too difficult.  I'm willing to spend a little bit of
money.  Please include link to source of software, documentation, etc.
2)this box will serve one purpose and one purpose only -- ftp service...what
ftp server?  likewise, am willing to spend some money.
3)be able to run on old Dell PC that's been put out to pasture...most likely
a 300MHZ Pentium with 64 to 128MB ram

Thanks in advance for all replies.

Lou

Lou Hablas
Systems Manager
Ravi Zacharias International Ministries

The information contained in this message may be CONFIDENTIAL and is for the
intended addressee only.  Any unauthorized use, dissemination of the
information, or copying of this message is prohibited.  If you are not the
message.