[Dshield] Wireless networks and corporate Lans

Chris Brenton cbrenton at chrisbrenton.org
Sun Feb 29 03:09:15 GMT 2004

What up dude!

On Sat, 2004-02-28 at 20:16, Pete Cap wrote:

> Thanks for the tips.

Glad to!

> If the laptops won't route any traffic through them, then that would seem to solve the problem--or would it?

You still have to worry about the host becoming compromised and being
used as a proxy to gain access to the network. However a properly
managed personal firewall can help negate this possibility.

> If one of them got routed via the wireless, then would there remain any way for an attacker to avoid the firewall?

About the only vector I can think of off the top of my head is source
routing, but so long as this is not supported on the wireless node or
the VPN gateway, you should be cool.

HTH,