[Dshield] d-link router and security (also Netgear)

Jonathan C. Webster jwebster03 at snet.net
Fri Jan 2 21:27:48 GMT 2004

Josh Tolley wrote:
> Keith Bergen wrote:
>
>>  I hear that D-Link make a
>> good and
>> inexpensive router. I use Linksys myself.
>>
>> Keith.
>

> I'll second Keith -

  my D-Link router has been very nice. It's a
> wireless router, and the wireless configuration doesn't allow me some
> things I'd really *really* like, such as turning off SSID broadcast, but
> generally speaking, it's been very good.
>
> Josh

Hello all, and Happy New Year,
I'm new to this list and I have not searched the archives.
But if anyone has anything good or bad to say about the NetGear FVS318 router, I'd  like to hear it.
  That was the only router I could find that admitted on the box that it would work with a UNIX (
Linux really) network.
I did write a little perl script to convert the NetGear  logs to Dshield format.

TIA,
Jonathan