[Dshield] kernel patches

Johannes B. Ullrich jullrich at sans.org
Tue Jan 6 21:09:25 GMT 2004

Given that I spent a lot of time yesterday upgrading kernels, I figured
it may be a nice gesture to share some of the work so others don't have
to do it. I dropped th source for my own "geek kernel" at

http://www.dshield.org/linux-2.4.24-euclidian.gz

md5sum: 63bc9d8343385df27eafc51379c3381c

its a vanilla 2.4.24 + grsecurity (2.4.23 patch, but it works) + crypto
loop patch + most of iptables patch-o-matic (I left some of the ipv6
stuff out and some of the patches that didn't make much sense to me)
+ orinoco airsnort patch ;-)

anyway. enjoy. Caveat: Due to some of the iptables patches, your local
iptables may not work and you need to donwload the latest from
netfilter.org. Make sure you disable any iptables scripts before reboot,
(in particular if you set a default policy of DENY)

(this tarball was generated after make mrproper, so it has no .config of
its own)

phone: (617) 837 2807                          jullrich at sans.org