[Dshield] Gaps in dShield data?

Pete Cap peteoutside at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 6 21:50:27 GMT 2004

Just a quick question for those in the know.

For many upper-range ports there are gaps in the data.

Can I assume that the traffic for the days in question was actually 0 all around, or are there days when no data was collected for those ports?

In this instance I'm following up on the port 2234 traffic.
I show a significant increase in the past four days of this traffic, which may be attributed to SoulSeek users.  I checked the associated port 5534 but there are gaps in the data so any correlation I do is going to be less than robust.

Thanks,

Pete