[Dshield] kernel patches

Johannes B. Ullrich jullrich at sans.org
Wed Jan 7 14:28:20 GMT 2004

> I'm very disappointed with my distro. A full day and a half before they
> even had the warning up. Not acceptable.

Which distro is it? RedHat had updated RPMs up the yesterday afternoon
(a few hours after the notice came out). I find that updating kernels
using the RedHat RPMs is reasonable straight forward. I just don't like
their kernel. I don't think any of the major distros has a grsecurity
patched kernel at this point. I think SuSe provides extended ACLs.

phone: (617) 837 2807                          jullrich at sans.org