[Dshield] DShield vs. Symantec

Pete Cap peteoutside at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 7 18:15:26 GMT 2004

John and Chris,

Thanks for the replies...

I know for a fact that my employer WILL NOT be submitting any info to any security manager.  We do have an IDS and several analytical tools--I am mainly interested in trend analysis for the internet as a whole, which dShield already provides.  There is a chance DS is using more advanced/accurate analytical techniques or that they have access to data to which dShield does not, but if this isn't the case then there's no reason to buy it--I can conduct my own analyses, kthxbye.

Of course, the more feautres dShield gets, the better...hint, hint :)

Pete