[Dshield] DShield vs. Symantec

George Capehart capegeo at opengroup.org
Wed Jan 7 23:24:33 GMT 2004

On Wednesday 07 January 2004 04:52 pm, John Hardin wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 13:23, john beck wrote:
> > Dave,
> >
> > Thanks!  Part one is easy, who provides this service? A huge wave
> > of providers are popping up daily.
>
> Bruce Schneier's company Counterpane is also a Managed Security
> company.
>
> 	http://www.counterpane.com/index.html
>
> Bruce is one of the most highly respected people in the Crypto and
> Security communities. What this lends to Counterpane I leave you to
> decide for yourself.

That's a hoot.  I was going to reply to John's email with Counterpane
but decided I'd see what others said before I did . . . I have the same
response.  And I *certainly* wouldn't trust Verisign with *my* network
. . .

FWIW.

George Capehart
--
George Capehart

capegeo at opengroup dot org

PGP Key ID: 0x63F0F642 available on most public key servers

"It is always possible to agglutenate multiple separate problems into a
 single complex interdependent solution.  In most cases this is a bad
 idea."  -- RFC 1925