[Dshield] nachi/welchia

Richard Ginski rginski at co.pinellas.fl.us
Thu Jan 8 17:21:45 GMT 2004

We experienced the same thing yesterday. Does anyone know of a tool that
will _remotely_ detect an infected sytem without using AV software?
(Yes, they supposedly already have AV software installed on them) We
have tools to detect the unpatched systems....vulnerable to
nachi/welchia infection.  However, we need to find the systems that are
_actually_ infected...whether they have been patched or not. TIA

>>> jeff-kell at utc.edu 1/8/2004 10:35:52 AM >>>
I know the beast was supposed to die 12/31/03, but we just cleaned it
out of two computers today.  I don't think it knows how to tell time
:-)

Jeff