[Dshield] Is iPowerWeb on the ball?

Alan Frayer afrayer at frayernet.com
Thu Jan 8 19:54:16 GMT 2004

I'm considering recommending iPowerWeb as a web/e-mail host to a client,
but before I do, I'd like to know if anyone here has heard anything
about them from a security standpoint.

Do they have a reputation I should be aware of? Am I getting my client
into a lot of trouble if they start using iPowerWeb?

Facts only, please. For instance, if they are constantly running into
blacklists because they can't keep the spammers under control, I'd like
to know that. If their servers are frequently hacked or unpatched, I'd
like to hear that.

I don't want to hear unsubstantiated rumors, or that someone knows
someone whose cousin's wife's nephew says their crooks. Please be honest
and fair, but please let me know enough to make an informed
recommendation.

Alan Frayer,CNE,CNI,CIW CI,MCP,Net+ - afrayer at frayernet.com
Member: Independent Consultants Association (ICA)
Consultants - FREE Directory Listing - http://www.ica-assn.org