[Dshield] kernel patches

David Kennedy CISSP david.kennedy at acm.org
Fri Jan 9 03:56:10 GMT 2004

At 09:41 PM 1/8/04 -0500, jayjwa wrote:

>Slackware. I usually wait to just get their patches, but the day the
>notice came out, there was nothing on www.slackware.com for
>advisories about it. Not even an email message about it (I'm on the
>security
>announcement list) until the next day, when the patches came out.

AFAIK, Slackware was first out the gate with advisory and patch for
the last lftp problem.  My point is to suggest you look at more than
just the timing of *one* advisory if advisory timing is the key
criteria you're using to choose distributions.

*** PGP Signature Status: good
*** Signer: Slackware Linux Project <security at slackware.com>
(Invalid)
*** Signed: 12/12/03 2:30:27 PM
*** Verified: 12/13/03 2:40:16 PM
*** BEGIN PGP VERIFIED MESSAGE ***

*** PGP Signature Status: good
*** Signer: SuSE Security Team <security at suse.de> (Invalid)
*** Signed: 12/15/03 8:32:53 AM
*** Verified: 12/15/03 2:47:19 PM
*** BEGIN PGP VERIFIED MESSAGE ***

*** PGP Signature Status: good
*** Signer: Linux Mandrake Security Team
<security at linux-mandrake.com>
(Invalid)
*** Signed: 12/15/03 6:52:02 PM
*** Verified: 12/16/03 1:13:16 AM
*** BEGIN PGP VERIFIED MESSAGE ***

*** PGP Signature Status: good
*** Signer: Nalin Dahyabhai <nalin at redhat.com> (Invalid)
*** Signed: 12/15/03 4:37:13 PM
*** Verified: 12/16/03 1:21:52 AM
*** BEGIN PGP VERIFIED MESSAGE ***
(RH Fedora)

*** PGP Signature Status: good
*** Signer: Red Hat, Inc. (Security Response Team)
<secalert at redhat.com>
(Invalid)
*** Signed: 12/16/03 9:06:05 AM
*** Verified: 12/16/03 9:45:05 AM
*** BEGIN PGP VERIFIED MESSAGE ***
(RH 7-9)

*** PGP Signature Status: good
*** Signer: Red Hat, Inc. (Security Response Team)
<secalert at redhat.com> (Invalid)
*** Signed: 12/16/03 9:06:33 AM
*** Verified: 12/17/03 11:48:49 AM
*** BEGIN PGP VERIFIED MESSAGE ***