[Dshield] kernel patches

jayjwa jayjwa at atr2.ath.cx
Fri Jan 9 15:48:30 GMT 2004

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004, David Kennedy CISSP wrote:

> AFAIK, Slackware was first out the gate with advisory and patch for
> the last lftp problem.  My point is to suggest you look at more than
> just the timing of *one* advisory if advisory timing is the key
> criteria you're using to choose distributions.

Lftp is not at the heart of my system or anyone else's. The kernel _is_.
And this is not number 1, this is number 2 root kernel vul.- remember the
recent less than 2.4.23 issue? I look at many advisories, not just Linux
but also FreeBSD, Windows, etc. My point is that it shouldn't take 2 days
to compile and post a kernel to a website. I use Slackware exclusivly,
and I still stand behind it, but that doesn't mean that it's 100% perfect
or that I am happy with action (or lack of) that is made.

[jayjwa]RLF #37