[Dshield] Does 207.115.129.30 ring any bell?

Kenton Smith ksmith at chartwelltechnology.com
Fri Jan 9 17:19:43 GMT 2004

Unless the Backweb that you're talking about is different from the
Backweb that's running on my Compaq servers, this information is
incorrect.
Backweb is like Windows Update. It allows your HP/Compaq machine to
check and see what updates, patches, notices, etc. are available for
your machine. It in no way allows HP/Compaq back-door access to your
computer. There are applications that allow this (similar to Dell's
Remote Assistance) but they are not installed on consumer systems that
I'm aware of.

Kenton