[Dshield] Spam Problem

Pete Cap peteoutside at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 12 16:04:07 GMT 2004

Or you could get real sneaky and mail them a webbug }:-]
Worth a shot, no?

Pete

Downeyjrd1 at aol.com
The IP address that you have referenced is obviously spoofed (faked). It is
an IP that is reserved for IANA use.

Internet Assigned Numbers Authority
OrgID: IANA
Address: 4676 Admiralty Way, Suite 330
City: Marina del Rey
StateProv: CA
PostalCode: 90292-6695
Country: US

NetRange: 172.16.0.0 - 172.31.255.255
CIDR: 172.16.0.0/12
NetName: IANA-BBLK-RESERVED
NetHandle: NET-172-16-0-0-1
Parent: NET-172-0-0-0-0
NetType: IANA Special Use
NameServer: BLACKHOLE-1.IANA.ORG
NameServer: BLACKHOLE-2.IANA.ORG
Comment: This block is reserved for special purposes.
Comment: Please see RFC 1918 for additional information.
Comment:
RegDate: 1994-03-15
Updated: 2002-09-12

OrgAbuseHandle: IANA-IP-ARIN
OrgAbuseName: Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Number
OrgAbusePhone: +1-310-301-5820
OrgAbuseEmail: abuse at iana.org

You can try sending an email to the above abuse address and include the
email you received as an attachment. Other than that, not much can be done
at this point.
Deb