[Dshield] Adware...malware?

Pete Cap peteoutside at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 14 16:15:48 GMT 2004

Greets,

I appreciate the suggestions...especially as I have discovered loads of spy/adware on my client's computers (including some rather nasty keyloggers on my parents' machine).

But what I'm actually wondering is, has anyone assessed the degree of vulnerability presented by this kind of software?  Ie, how exploitable are they?  Anyone heard of any system compromises involving these programs?  That it is possible means it has probably already happened, I just haven't heard about it...

Regards,
Pete

"Bruyere, Michel" <mbruyere at ezemcanada.com> wrote:

I'd add a scan with Spybot search and destroy too, it catches some that
ad-aware misses and vice versa. http://www.safer-networking.org/