[Dshield] good keystroke logger

Bo Mendenhall Bo.Mendenhall at hsc.utah.edu
Wed Jan 14 17:37:24 GMT 2004

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/electronic/5a05/

Sounds like this could be of use if the computer is under a desk or not somewhere that the user can easily detect this - when was the last time you checked the back of your computer?

Bo

>>> jullrich at sans.org 01/14/04 10:26AM >>>
---
I usually don't post anonymous requests like this. But I know
the poster and this is 'legit'.

  ju
---

I have a dilemma and I need some direction from the talented members of
the DShield security organization.  We have a fairly senior manager that
is being suspected of doing things not within the scope of the job, so
to speak.  The bosses have asked me to install a keystroke logger onto
this person's system, which I don't have an issue doing.  I don't know
what to install on it that won't be detected easily by Anti virus.  This
person is fairly savvy when it comes to their system so it has to be
very stealthy.  I will also use ethereal to trap packets for further
detail but this keystroke logger is a bit new to me.  Any suggestions?

phone: (617) 837 2807                          jullrich at sans.org