[Dshield] Spamhouse now listing exploited IPs in new

Tony Earnshaw tonye at billy.demon.nl
Thu Jan 15 09:41:58 GMT 2004

tor, 15.01.2004 kl. 00.47 skrev John Hardin:

> On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 14:30, Jeff Kell wrote:
> > We use DNSBLs too, but the ACL approach is to deny them
> > completely before they get started.
>
> Nah. Better to tarpit 'em. Unfortunately sendmail doesn't support doing
> that. :(

Be glad. Tarpitting an http proxy is particularly senseless, costs
resources for nothing, especially when there are thousands of the
things. I can tarpit both with Postfix 2.0 and SA-Exim 4, but long ago
came to the conclusion it was pointless - never achieved anything, apart
from my own misplaced self-gratification.

--Tonni

--
mail: billy - at - billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl