[Dshield] ISPs - How much monitoring is enough?

Tony Earnshaw tonye at billy.demon.nl
Fri Jan 16 11:23:25 GMT 2004

tor, 15.01.2004 kl. 19.47 skrev Bjorn Stromberg:

> Does your ISP scan well known ports for compromised machines?

No, that would be illegal in Holland without prior written agreement and
consent. If it were legal and my ISP did do that, I'd probably find
another ISP who didn't, unless I had signed a written with my ISP
allowing him to do such a thing.

If your ISP (don't tell me it's Telia?) had any nouse at all, instead of
creating an enormous amount of unnecessary traffic on his network, he'd
be monitoring border router traffic.

--Tonni

--
mail: billy - at - billy.demon.nl