[Dshield] Acceptable use policy at Telus.net

Sten-Arne Zerpe zerpe at zerpe.ath.cx
Tue Jan 20 12:40:06 GMT 2004

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 00:34:10 -0800.
With the Message-ID: <400C7782.29075.A73E42 at localhost>
And the Organization Header: .
The famous author: "Laurent" <saplairoles at telus.net>.
Wrote on the subject: [Dshield] Acceptable use policy at Telus.net:

>Hello all
>
>My ISP (telus.net) seems to take matters into their hands when it comes to preventing
>their users to from doing anything "bad". Or at least that's what they state in their new
>acceptable use policy: http://www.mytelus.com/internet/nv/aup.do
>
>Is that a new attitude amongst ISPs or something they should have been doing for a
>long time?
>
>Yet, they'll have to prove how efficient they'll be at enforcing such policy.
>
>Reactions?
>
>Cheers!

Well, take a look at the AUP of this ISP then.
http://www.thunderstar.net/acceptable.html

Bear in mind that it is a Scientology/Scientologist operated ISP, and the
psych bashing is therefore expected.

Example from the AUP where they are clearly rabid against psychiatry :-)

"Such institutions turn out criminals and perverts of an unthinkable
nature on an alarming rate so were really not out of line in
streetproofing our kids and ourselves against it."

Sten-Arne