[Dshield] Acceptable use policy at Telus.net

Ray Palmer palmer at telus.net
Tue Jan 20 12:43:35 GMT 2004

Laurent,

I have found the Canadian phone company, telus.net  to be all talk and no
action over the last few years.  I have submitted hundreds of complaints and
thousands of lines of firewall log data.    They reduced their staff by 6000
people in a cost cutting measure last year and have been in damage control
mode ever since.  Even the Canadian regulator, the CRTC, would like to hang
them out to dry.  Their policy and mission statements are merely public
relations fluff.
The good news for Telus customers in B.C. is that the cable ISP is worse and
the power transmission utilities are interested in adding data services!
Good Luck,
   ray
   Summerland, B.C.