[Dshield] spoofed address

Jon R. Kibler Jon.Kibler at aset.com
Wed Jan 21 19:47:05 GMT 2004

Mark Warner wrote:

> a worker here has found that his email address has been spoofed
> He has recieved many return mails stating so
> mostly from russia and finland.
> Is there a way to stop this?
> we can filter the address at the wall but I am unsure about letting the isp
> filter.
> any ideas?
> anyone i can contact?

1) Save all bounced emails.
2) File a police report with local law enforcement and ask them to refer it to the FBI. Be a 'squeaky wheel' with the local FBI office and you may get them to investigate. Forcing the FBI to investigate such stuff is about the only good think in the new Federal How-To-Spam law.
3) Call or email me and I can give you some specifics on how to accomplish this and save your user from all the bounces at the same time.

Jon R. Kibler
Chief Technical Officer
A.S.E.T., Inc.
Charleston, SC  USA