[Dshield] spoofed address

Nick Harley nickharley at bcbsal.org
Wed Jan 21 20:58:24 GMT 2004

Where do you think they picked it up from? I posted on a Windows forum
one time and since I wasn't sure when I'd be able to check it again I
put my real work address in it. I had the same thing happen afterwards,
in addition to all the viruses people were trying to send. After a few
months it finally stopped. Until then I just put rules on my email
client to redirect anything that made it through the firewall to my
trash.

>>> warner at neb.com 1/21/2004 11:32:03 AM >>>
a worker here has found that his email address has been spoofed
He has recieved many return mails stating so
mostly from russia and finland.
Is there a way to stop this?
we can filter the address at the wall but I am unsure about letting the
isp
filter.
any ideas?
anyone i can contact?
Mark
Mark Warner
TelCom/Network Manager
New England BioLabs Inc.
32 Tozer Rd
Beverly MA
01915
978.998.7407 Direct
978.927.5054 Ext. 407 Office
978.921.1350 Fax
warner at neb.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This e-mail is intended for the sole use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  You are hereby notified that any dissemination, duplication, or distribution of this transmission by someone other than the intended addressee or its designated agent is strictly prohibited.  If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify me immediately by replying to this e-mail.