[Dshield] FW: VIRUS ALERT

Johannes B. Ullrich jullrich at sans.org
Thu Jan 22 03:17:42 GMT 2004

This is a classic virus HOAX. The message is the virus ;-).
Do not delete this file, you may render your system useless.

However, this brings home an important point: Don't trust
some random guy on a mailing list (no no... trust me...
just not the other guys).

General rules:

- verify virus mails like this with a major AV vendor.
- do a quick Google search on key words (like jdbg.exe).
- check with the source.
- If you are in charge of IT in a company, make sure users
  will not forward virus warnings. They should only go to you
  and you should be the only 'trusted' source for warnings like
  this.

phone: (617) 837 2807                          jullrich at sans.org