[Dshield] FW: VIRUS ALERT

Brad Spencer brad.madison at mail.tds.net
Thu Jan 22 03:40:30 GMT 2004

At 10:17 PM 1/21/2004 -0500, you wrote:

>- If you are in charge of IT in a company, make sure users
>   will not forward virus warnings. They should only go to you
>   and you should be the only 'trusted' source for warnings like
>   this.

Yes.  Order and discipline work to your advantage, if you are in charge of
security.

Then there's:

The Boulder pledge:

http://www.panix.com/~tbetz/boulder.shtml

"Under no circumstances will I ever purchase anything offered to me as the
result of an unsolicited e-mail message. Nor will I forward chain letters,
petitions, mass mailings, or virus warnings to large numbers of others.
This is my contribution to the survival of the online community."