[Dshield] FW: VIRUS ALERT

Keith Bergen keith at keithbergen.com
Thu Jan 22 14:54:02 GMT 2004

I second Johannes suggestions. I've had people say things
like "But it came from a guy that knows everything about
computers".

Make sure that people know that there are viruses out there
that people can get. They pick two names from your address
book, and propagate the virus to one name, and from another.
I have had many angry people claim that I sent them virii,
when in fact, I was as much the victim as they were. Some
comprimised system out there simply sent it with my address
spoofed as the from.

As we all know, it is very simple to spoof the from address,
and from addresses are not in any way surety that the email
came from that person.

Just my little input,

Keith ... or was it really Keith?