[Dshield] BEFSX41 and a lot of hits

Josh Tolley josh at raintreeinc.com
Thu Jan 22 16:51:40 GMT 2004

I'm no home router expert, but have to say that I've tried and tried and
tried to get a couple different home routers I've been through to
forward *anything*. Sometimes I've seen nebulous complaints in manuals
that my router shouldn't be expected to forward anything if it's not got
a static IP address on the WAN side (why the one would be a condition of
the other, I don't know). Generally speaking it hasn't worked. I haven't
tried a Linksys router -- but my d-link and netgear routers have both
had problems forwarding anything.

Josh Tolley