[Dshield] ISP's not blocking egress 25/tcp

Alan Frayer afrayer at frayernet.com
Sun Jan 25 02:21:50 GMT 2004

On Sat, 2004-01-24 at 08:08, James C. Slora Jr. wrote:

> If the local ISP requires SMTP authorization, configure that. If they check
> "From" addresses on outbound mail and reject mismatches, there are
> workarounds for this too - I don't recall the specifics, though.

I wish you would recall these workarounds, and, if preferred, send them
to me off list. I have a few sites that have e-mail trouble because they
cannot connect to an outgoing SMTP without using their local ISP's
assigned e-mail address, instead of the one the corporate office paid
for with their domain.

Alan Frayer,CNE,CNI,CIW CI,MCP,Net+ - afrayer at frayernet.com
Member: Independent Consultants Association (ICA)
Consultants - FREE Directory Listing - http://www.ica-assn.org