[Dshield] SCV fundamentally flawed (was: .. appealing for ISPcommonsense)

Doug White doug at clickdoug.com
Sun Jan 25 02:35:50 GMT 2004

This topic has been beat to death on several forums, and frankly I am
disappointed that it has appeared here.

The only comment I can make at this point is that if the solution works for you,
then by all means implement it.
There has been no convincing argument based on experience with a variety of
methods being used by spammers that it is THE solution, and in fact as has been
explained in painful detail by many of my peers, many of whom are far more
experienced than I, that any benefits of such a solution would be extremely
transient in nature, consequently not really worth all the effort to implement
to only have to discard it as the spammer modifies his methods to circumvent the
ruleset.

Your mileage may vary

Stop spam on your domain, Anti-spam solutions
http://www.clickdoug.com/mailfilter.cfm
Aspire to Inspire before you Retire or Expire!