[Dshield] Unidentifiable e-mail

Joseph Stahley 3rd jestahley3 at cox.net
Mon Jan 26 17:52:55 GMT 2004

I have been getting those as well. I use outlook 2003 client. I viewed the
headers to get an idea from what ip/domain they are coming from and it
varies. I did however add these domains to my filter list and quite a few
disappeared this week. I added:

Verio.net
Verio.com
Level3.net
Level3.com

I do have an interesting problem that maybe someone could shed some light
upon. I have 2 machines behind my router, 1 machine is exclusively receiving
a lot of spam from the orient (HK,TW,CH,KR), while my other machine is
receiving exclusively from Europe and South America. Any ideas as to why
this may be happening.

Also it seems in Outlook 2003, the more I block addresses/domains the more
spam I get as well. Was wondering if anyone has seen the same thing.

Joseph