[Dshield] Code Red anyone?

Pete Cap peteoutside at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 26 18:13:32 GMT 2004

Tim,

I dunno if anyone replied to you about this one yet.

I have heard some rumors about Code Red II circulating again.  After reading some of the technical reports on the worm I was under the impression that it was supposed to suicide after 2001.  Symantec discovered a new variant in March of '03...but aside from unpatched legacy machines without current AV signatures, would there really be enough of a "niche" to account for the amount of traffic out there?  An interesting problem...

Have you got any logs of the worm attempting to spread to you?

Regards,

Pete