[Dshield] Mydoom, Navarg, Sco what ever

Bill McCarty bmccarty at pt-net.net
Tue Jan 27 05:39:23 GMT 2004

Hi Charmian and all,

--On Monday, January 26, 2004 10:47 PM +0000 charmian <charmian at nc.rr.com>
wrote:

> SCO is causing Linux as a whole, and related companies (IBM, Novel) a
> modicum  of grief.  I would assume the author's intention for the DOS
> attack is fueled  by this.

Please, let's not be hasty in attributing blame. I think that it's equally
likely that a Windows- or SCO-loving programmer created this malware and
included the SCO DDoS hoping that Linux-lovers would be blamed. Consider:
How many self-respecting Linux programmers would condescend to learn enough
about Windows to create such a species <g>? Mind you, I'm more than a bit
paranoid sometimes <g>.

Cheers,