[Dshield] DNS DOS attempt. need a bit of help

Stephane Grobety security at admin.fulgan.com
Tue Jan 27 09:45:28 GMT 2004

Thanks to Tonni and everyone who answered. I have filled a complain at
this ISP and another one that also have a machine trying to DOS me
(kabelfoon.nl). So far, I only got an automatic answer from home.nl
and I don't have my hopes high on that issue.

The pattern is really strange: it looks like the attack are coming
from a single machine that moves from network to network: it always
come from a .nl IP, I am never attacked by more than a single IP at
the same time and the attack stops for several hours sometimes. This
makes me thing the source is a single laptop that is being moved from
home to work and reverse.

I've also notified my ISP (actually I did it last week) but they
haven't acted on it yet. I'll give them another call today and try to
shake them up. The attacked machine is a physically hosted server for
which we're paying about 500$ a month plus BW: for that price I expect
more than just a distracted "we'll see what we can do"...

Thank you again,
Stephane

--
Best regards,