[Dshield] Virus emails

Josh Tolley josh at raintreeinc.com
Wed Jan 28 16:35:56 GMT 2004

Be careful firewalling by IP to stop these viruses. Since the virus
emails to people in your Outlook address book, the computers that are
sending these to you more than likely are from people you know (that is,
people that have you in their address book). Which is one of the things
that makes that nastly little attachment seem a little more harmless
despite years of "don't open attachments on pain of surgical removal of
clicking finger" warnings, because occasionally it looks like someone
you know is sending you stuff.
	Anyway, I know most of the infected emails I was getting were from an
off-site coworker who although happy that I helped her clean her
computer up would have been particularly peeved if she couldn't send
email to those of us in the office.

Josh