[Dshield] The story behind Mydoom

John Sage jsage at finchhaven.com
Wed Jan 28 16:13:17 GMT 2004

Paul:

The SCO issue has been going on for most of a year.

If you (or the list) would like some substantive information about
what's going on, check out:

http://www.groklaw.net/

SCO is digging it's own grave on a daily basis, as documented on
groklaw.

No one who supports Linux or the GPL, or who opposes SCO, has any need
to drop a new worm onto the Internet.

SCO is doing a great job of completely discrediting itself in the
minds of anyone who's been paying any attention to SCO's antics.

On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 02:18:35PM -0500, Paul Marsh wrote:
> Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 14:18:35 -0500
> From: "Paul Marsh" <pmarsh at nmefdn.org>
> To: <list at dshield.org>
> Subject: [Dshield] The story behind Mydoom
>
> Looks like the big boys are in a little spat over copy rights.  So
> someone uses MS platform worm to make a point!  Boy I'd hate to get in a
> pissing contest with these people.
>
> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4011306/

- John
--
"Mad cow? You'd be mad too, if someone was trying to eat you."