[Dshield] Administrativa: Postings from non-subscribers

Johannes B. Ullrich jullrich at sans.org
Thu Jan 29 14:31:52 GMT 2004

So far, all posts (subscriber or non-subscriber) end up in the moderator
queue. Given the large amount of spam, bounces, viruses and what else
that makes it into the queue, I would like to auto-reject or discard
e-mail from non-subscribers.

I do know that there are quite a few users, that are subscribed with one
e-mail address, but post from another. If you are one of them, you can
subscribe with both addresses, but set one of them to not receive any
email.

I will implement this in stages:
- some time later today (maybe tomorrow) I will start
  rejecting posts from non-subscribers
- In a week, non-subscriber posts will be dropped to avoid replying to
spam/viruses.

I hope this will speed up moderation somewhat.

phone: (617) 837 2807                          jullrich at sans.org