[Dshield] RE: list Digest, Vol 8, Issue 16

Ayers, Stephen D sdayers at pplweb.com
Thu Jan 29 14:21:05 GMT 2004

Hello Darren,

I was wondering if you had gotten any responses as to a possible
resolution of the error messages (specifically the error message
referring to Overlapped I/O).  I know this message was posted several
months ago...and you may have forgotten the whole thing...but I figured
I'd ask anyway.  Thanks for any help you can provide.  Have a great day.

"I had one of my servers log about 30 each of these two event ID's:
Source: W3SVC ID: 36 "The server failed to load application
'/lm/w3xvc/1/root'. The error was 'the server process could not be
started because the configured identity is incorrect. Check the username
and password." Source: DCOM ID: 10004 "DCOM got error "Overlapped I/O
operation is in progress." And was unable to logon. \IWAM_FS in order to
run the server." Could this be caused by this DCOM bug. All of my
servers and PC's are patched and running SP4 or XP SP1 with all latest
critical updates. Any help would be greatly appreciated."

Stephen D. Ayers, MCSE, MCP+I, CNA
NT Administration, ETS - Server Management
GENN2B
ETN 220-3971
(610) 774-3971
Pager:  (610) 281-2049

The information contained in this message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately, and delete the original message.