[Dshield] FW: [Full-Disclosure] Hello Mydoom

Nick Harley nickharley at bcbsal.org
Thu Jan 29 22:05:34 GMT 2004

I don't think sco will ever pay the reward even if the virus brings its
operations to its knees and they catch the writer red-handed. I'm
starting to think there will be no repercussions other than infection
from this. Maybe this virus was only to highlight the sco/linux/open
source battle to a larger audience than just the IT world.

>>> rick at jaray.net 1/29/2004 3:20:39 PM >>>
Would there be a reward if the worm caused no malice?

~Rick

> Bjorn Stromberg wrote:
>
> > I have yet to hear of ANYONE being able to get this worm to
> send a GET
> > request to www.sco.com . My suspicions are that the Major
> A/V vendors
> > jumped the gun on their analysis of what www.sco.com was
> doing in the
> > worm.
>
> If that truly is the case, it will be quite amusing when SCO
> has to fork
> over a quarter million dollars as a reward. :)
>
> -jim

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This e-mail is intended for the sole use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  You are hereby notified that any dissemination, duplication, or distribution of this transmission by someone other than the intended addressee or its designated agent is strictly prohibited.  If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify me immediately by replying to this e-mail.