[Dshield] Overwriting files for secure erasure of files.

David B. Bukowski davebb at weather.cod.edu
Mon Jun 7 03:19:05 GMT 2004

I forgot what the program is called but one of my coworkers has a program
on a DOS boot floppy that we use for our servers that writes all binary
0's to the hard disk (each sector and cylinder and head).  wondering how
effective this is for preventing data recovery but its good for preparing
a disk for use on a new system.
-dave