[Dshield] WireLess Home Config ?

Ed Truitt ed.truitt at etee2k.net
Tue Jun 8 10:48:33 GMT 2004

Johannes B. Ullrich wrote:

>On Mon, 2004-06-07 at 16:08, Bert Sinclair wrote:
>

>>Johannes,
>>If the PCs are in separate rooms, will the wireless devices communicate
>>with the router ?
>>

>Typically, these networks are run in "managed mode", where all clients
>connect to the router, and not to each other.

I think his question was regarding the ability of the wireless NICs to
talk to the WAP if there were walls in the way.  This is actually one of
the benefits of wireless technology.  I think the norm is 5 walls --
that is, so long as no more than 5 walls stand between the WAP and the
client PC, they can communicate.  Of course, as in many things, YMMV.

--
Cheers,
Ed Truitt