[Dshield] dshield-based RBLs?

John Hardin johnh at aproposretail.com
Tue Jun 8 18:19:50 GMT 2004

On Mon, 2004-06-07 at 13:26, ed.truitt at etee2k.net wrote:

> Why would an IP address that is spewing NetBIOS traffic (I thought NetBIOS
> traffic was supposed to be spewed ;-) be a spammer?

It's not necessarily a spammer (yet), but it's arguably misconfigured
and exposed; spewing NetBIOS traffic across the Internet *could* be
considered a good indicator of a system that's about to be compromised.

I'd certainly consider it an indicator of a system *I* don't want to
receive mail from...

--
John Hardin  KA7OHZ                           <johnh at aproposretail.com>
  ...the Fates notice those who buy chainsaws...