[Dshield] In case you needed a reason to get a firewall

Blake McNeill mcneillb at linklogger.com
Tue Jun 8 21:52:54 GMT 2004

I put together a brief overview of the internet traffic that I saw at my
home at http://www.linklogger.com/May2004.htm for May.  For example I logged
over 150,000 scans, three worm outbreaks (Sasser, Bobax and Korgo) during
this period.  Given I don't run any services or anything on this account
(couple of passive honey pots sometimes), this report could be
representative of the average malware traffic on the internet (my ISP
doesn't filter ports).

If you don't have a firewall protecting you, what is protecting you?

Blake